While working in the Intuit Platform Infrastructure and Data Operations team, one of my area of responsibilities was working with developers to review workflows, assist in suggesting changes in rerouting tasks for better efficiencies, and documenting the changes. The following material includes some of the work that I did in this capacity.
The following documentation involves change management integrating with ServiceNow when a new change is being submitted that will impact the infrastructure. These changes go through the CAB for approval before they will impact any traffic moves in any data centers for maintenance actions.
- Change Management and ServiceNow Workflow
- Change Management Documentation – Use for entering new standard, normal, and emergency change requests, getting your change request approved, or locating an existing change request.
- Change Management – Queue Management – For use by the Change Manager only.
(ServiceNow changed their name from two words to one right around this time so you can see some name inconsistencies in my use of their name in some of these documents.)
ServiceNow Application Onboarding
Another project I did at Intuit involved documenting the processes for requesting new applications be onboarded to servers. Here is the documentation I developed, including Visio diagrams of how the process worked. I’m including it more for the Visio diagrams, so you can see some of that type of work.
- ServiceNow New Application Onboarding Request Visio – This process involved the ServiceNow Catalog, Oracle, other databases, the CMDB as well as several teams and is quite involved.
- ServiceNow Application Maintenance – This document describes how all application additions and corrections must now be done in one place; ServiceNow and that other correction will flow downstream from there.
Viewing PDFS in a Browser
My documents are all PDFs. If you want to open and view them in Chrome instead of downloading them, here are the instructions for doing so in Chrome.